Friday, February 1, 2008

Hillary's Mad At Us

Last Wednesday, my editor, Miranda Faber wrote an article about our in class Hillary Clinton. I believe it was beautifully written and very G-rated. Before the article was written Miranda struggled with how the Hillary camp would take it; if they would get mad or take it as part of the campaign process. I encouraged Miranda to write the article because it was NEWS and that is our job; to report the NEWS.

Apparently the article offended the Hillary camp and while that was not the intentions of this news organization, I stand behind my editor in everything she said. Hillary has fumbled on her words in press conferences, she has bashed other news organizations, and she has been missing on several occasions. And for the record, all information that was obtained was from a viable source and it was while Hillary was playing her “role.”

I encourage the Hillary camp to contact us for an interview to clear the air. I am sure Hillary has some things to say and we are more than willing to sit down and hash things out. If she chooses not to then that will be unfortunate but it will not stop us from doing our jobs as a news organization; it will not hinder us from writing the truth.

Here at the New York Times, we take our “role” very seriously but we also remember it is indeed just that…a “role.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I appreciate your constant support Jamie!